PRESCHOOL PRIME TIME SUMMER ARTS FAQs
(ages 3-5 / must be potty trained)
• All children must be potty trained – no diapers or pull-ups
• Smocks or an old T-shirt are required for art
• A leotard and bare feet for Creative Movement/Pre Dance
• Leotard and ballet slippers for Pre-Ballet (tights and skirts are optional)
• Imagination is needed for Drama
• The love of singing is needed for Music
• Children receive one snack provided by SMAPA
• Previous dance experience is not necessary
• Students who have not previously attended SMAPA classes are welcome
• Students may take any combination of weekly theme-based sessions
• See registration form for fees
PRIME TIME SUMMER ARTS FAQs
AGE REQUIREMENTS: Campers Should Be 6 Years Old At The Start Of Camp Or Entering 1st Grade In September.
What do the students wear?
Comfortable clothing should be worn daily, like shorts over a leotard or shorts and a T-shirt. On Tuesdays and Thursdays when we have swim, it is suggested that students wear their bathing suits under their clothes in the morning and remember to bring underwear for after swim time.
Are swim lessons provided?
Students have free swim (no lessons) twice weekly (Tuesday & Thursday) at Mountainside Pool.
What kinds of shoes are needed?
All students are required to have a soft ballet slipper or jazz shoe for all classes.
What clothes are needed for the final performance?
Generally the students wear black or navy blue bike shorts, regular shorts, skorts or capris with a bright solid color T-shirt (no decorations). Additional “costume” pieces may be needed based on each individual group dance project. A 10% discount is given at our dance store.
Do children need previous training in order to participate in the Prime Time program?
No previous dance or theater experience is necessary in order to participate in the program. All classes are designed to build skills and stimulate creativity while nurturing each individual child’s love of dance and related theater arts.
Are lunches provided?
Lunch is not provided, but refrigeration is available for all lunches. It is suggested that lunches be brought in soft cloth or plastic bags with names appearing on the bag. Since space is limited it is also requested that NO lunch boxes be brought.
Are snacks provided?
One daily snack is provided. A second snack should be provided from home and packed separately from lunch bags.
How long is the program day?
The day begins at 9am and concludes at 4pm. Each age group participates in 4 classes per day, 2 before lunch separated by a snack, and 2 following lunch also separated by a snack.
Is aftercare provided?
For an additional weekly fee, aftercare is provided until 6pm at SMAPA.
Is before-care available?
Before-care is available from 8am to 8:45am for an additional $10 per week.