Registration for Summer Arts Programs available now!
NEW for 2018: SMAPA's Primetime Summer Arts Program will be THREE 2-Week Sessions
1st Session: 6/25-7/7 (Closed 7/4), Fee: $725
2nd Session: 7/9-7/21, Fee: $800
3rd Session: 7/23-8/3, Fee: $800
Payment Plans Available
SUMMER CLASSES 2018 (See Class Schedules Page in May 2018)
Preschool and Junior - June 25 - Aug 4
Prep and Adult - June 25 - Aug 25
SUMMER ARTS PROGRAMS 2018
You may sign up for multiple sessions and early sign-up is highly recommended. Payment Plans available. Call or email for more information.
Preschool Prime Time Summer Arts (ages 3-5) - (1 week sessions)
Session 1: June 25 - June 29, 2018, Fee: $225
Session 2: July 2 - July 6, 2018 (closed July 4th), Fee: $180
Session 3: July 9 - July 13, 2018, Fee: $225
Session 4: July 16 - July 20, 2018, Fee: $225
Session 5: July 23 - July 27, 2018, Fee: $225
Session 6: July 30 - August 3, 2018, Fee: $225
Session 7: August 6 - August 10, 2018, Fee: $225
Session 8: August 13 - August 17, 2018, Fee: $225
Session 9: August 20 - August 24, 2018, Fee: $225
Prime Time Summer Arts (ages 6-14) - (three 2 week sessions), Session 1 Fee: $725, Session 2 & 3 Fee: $800
Session 1: June 25 - July 6, 2018 (closed July 4th)
Session 2: July 9 - July 21, 2018
Session 3: July 23 - August 3, 2018
Multi-Disciplinary Dance Intensive - two age groups (ages 8-11) and (ages 12 + up) - one 3 week session, individual weeks optional
Week 1: August 6 - August 10, 2018
Week 2: August 13 - August 17, 2018
Week 3: August 20 - August 24, 2018
Additional Forms for Preschool Prime Time Summer Arts, Prime Time Summer Arts and the Multi-Disciplinary Dance Intensive
PRESCHOOL PRIME TIME SUMMER ARTS FAQs
(ages 3-5 / must be potty trained)
• All children must be potty trained – no diapers or pull-ups
• Smocks or an old T-shirt are required for art
• A leotard and bare feet for Creative Movement/Pre Dance
• Leotard and ballet slippers for Pre-Ballet (tights and skirts are optional)
• Imagination is needed for Drama
• The love of singing is needed for Music
• Children receive one snack provided by SMAPA
• Previous dance experience is not necessary
• Students who have not previously attended SMAPA classes are welcome
• Students may take any combination of weekly theme-based sessions
• See registration form for fees
PRIME TIME SUMMER ARTS FAQs
AGE REQUIREMENTS: Campers Should Be 6 Years Old At The Start Of Camp Or Entering 1st Grade In September.
Comfortable clothing should be worn daily, like shorts over a leotard or shorts and a T-shirt. On Tuesdays and Thursdays when we have swim, it is suggested that students wear their bathing suits under their clothes in the morning and remember to bring underwear for after swim time.
Students have free swim (no lessons) twice weekly (Tuesday & Thursday) at Mountainside Pool.
All students are required to have a soft ballet slipper or jazz shoe for all classes.
Clothing for Final Performance
Generally the students wear black or navy blue bike shorts, regular shorts, skorts or capris with a bright solid color T-shirt (no decorations). Additional “costume” pieces may be needed based on each individual group dance project. A 10% discount is given at our dance store.
No Previous Training Needed
No previous dance or theater experience is necessary in order to participate in the program. All classes are designed to build skills and stimulate creativity while nurturing each individual child’s love of dance and related theater arts.
Lunch is not provided, but refrigeration is available for all lunches. It is suggested that lunches be brought in soft cloth or plastic bags with names appearing on the bag. Since space is limited it is also requested that NO lunch boxes be brought.
One daily snack is provided. A second snack should be provided from home and packed separately from lunch bags.
Length of Day
The day begins at 9am and concludes at 4pm. Each age group participates in 4 classes per day, 2 before lunch, separated by a snack, and 2 following lunch also separated by a snack.
Before and Aftercare
Before-care is available from 8am to 8:45am for an additional $10 per week. For an additional $75 per week, aftercare is provided until 6pm at SMAPA.
MULTI-DISCIPLINARY DANCE INTENSIVE (ages 12 + up) FAQs
- is designed to give the intermediate to advanced level student exposure to and experience in different dance forms on a weekly basis
- 3 hour choreography workshops held each Thursday and Friday and led by instructor offer students the opportunity to create movement pieces
- over the three weeks, this process of creating and collaborating culminates in an informal presentation on Friday, Aug 26th
- participation in full 3 week program is preferable, but not mandatory
- only students registered in the final week will participate in the performance
- each dancer should bring each day: proper dance attire (including knee pads, ballet slippers and jazz sneakers), reusable water bottle AND a passion for dance!